250-350g pollock, cod or haddock fillets
75g dried breadcrumbs
40 gm Parmesan, finely grated
3 tbsp plain flour
1 large egg, lightly beaten
3 tbsp olive oil, for frying
Veg, mash, chips or salad, to serve
1. Cut the fish into chunky finger shapes. Mix together the breadcrumbs and Parmesan in a shallow dish.
2. Pour the egg into a small or medium-sized bowl.
3. Lightly dust each fish finger in flour, then dip into the egg so they are completely coated.
4. Immediately coat all over in the Parmesan and breadcrumb mixture, patting it onto the fish so that it sticks.
5. The fish fingers can be left in the fridge for a few hours at this stage.
6. Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat, and then fry the fish fingers for about 3 minutes on each side until they are golden and crunchy.
7. Try to avoid turning them too soon or too often, as the crumb coating is likely to fall off the fish.
8. Serve the fish fingers with mashed potato, chips, vegetables or salad, and a dollop of ketchup, mayonnaise or a squeeze of lemon juice over the top.
Posts : 68
Birthday : 1973-02-25
Karma : 1
Points : 97
Job/hobbies : Cooking & Designing
Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum