Chicken fry is the very popular Indian Food Dish of people all over the world. Hyderabadi chicken fry is a bit different from North Indian Chicken fry. This curry is dry so it can be enjoyed like a snack too.
Chicken – 400gm (preferably chicken breast)
Ginger – 1/2″
Garlic – 10 flakes
Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp.
Red chili powder – 2 tsp.
Green chilies – 7(cut into 2 pieces) curd – 1 cup (thick)
Red color – 1/8 tsp. (optional)
Curry leaves -5 sprigs
Refined cooking oil – 50 ml
Salt to taste
Coriander leaves – 1 tbsp. (optional), mint leaves – 1 tsp (optional)
Lemon – 1(optional)
1. Cut chicken into 1″ pieces, wash and strain using a colander
2. Grind garlic and ginger to a fine paste with little water
3. Add ginger-garlic paste, salt, red chili powder, turmeric powder and color to the chicken pieces, mix well and marinate for 2-3 hrs. In the refrigerator.
4. Heat oil in a kadhai, fry chicken pieces on low flame until it is done well, drain and keep aside
5. Add curry leaves, mint leaves (1 tsp., optional) and green chilies to the left over oil (if any or add 1 tbsp.), sauté till it is fragrant.
6. Reduce heat to the simmering point, stir in curd (beaten well with little water) and cook for few seconds
7. Add fried chicken and cook till all curd dries up and coated well on the chicken pieces
8. Garnish it with finely chopped coriander leaves and lime pieces
9. Serve it hot with fried rice or with anything of your choice, or a snack with some lemon and onion slices
Posts : 68
Birthday : 1973-02-25
Karma : 1
Points : 97
Job/hobbies : Cooking & Designing
Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum